Have you believed a toy for autistic child? Regardless if a child has autism, another disability or not, all children love toys. Of course, no child is alike. Therefore, what may be enjoyed by one child may not hold the financial of another. Thus, the trick is to figure out which toys your autistic child will enjoy tinkering with, and will help them develop skills. The following are 10 great toys for autistic children. Autism Store
The first 5 are suggestions are for children age 3-7 and the second 5 are for children age 8 – 12. Following each basic toy description is examples of where you can find them – Ages 3-7
1. Paints and/or coloring pencils with large paper – This is a great way for an autistic child to express him/herself in color. Knowing what colors your child responds to may be helpful when it comes to learning. Check Toys R’ Us, Sears, or Wal-Mart.
2. Building blocks – any toy for autistic child that can be stacked helps them improve their motor skills. Great toys to consider include “Lego”, alphabet blocks, colored shapes, etc. Check Toys R’ Us, Sears, or Wal-Mart
3. Stories with Repetition and/or Rhyme –These books help in the development of speech skills. Good book examples you can consider include “Dr. Seuss” and “Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes”. Book stores, online at Amazon.com, or your local library.
4. Mix and Match toys – Toys that involve sorting and grouping together matching numbers, colors, shapes, etc. help improve cognitive skills. One interesting toy for autistic child is “Match & Spell 3 – Letter Word”. This game teaches a child how to spell basic words by putting together matching colored cards that create a picture of the word. This game can be found online at the autism toy store stars4kidz.com. Autism Store
5. Toys that light up – Toys such as the “flashing molecule ball” are good for visual stimulation. When the ball is squeezed, the colorful balls light up and flash. Check online at stars4kidz.com or Toys R’ Us.
Ages 8 – 12
1. “Calculator Cash Register” – This is a perfect pretend toy for autistic child. This particular toy comes with a working calculator, pretend money (bills, coins and credit cards). This toy encourages creativity and math skills. Check online at Stars4kidz.com or local toy stores.
2. Musical toy instrument – If your child has an interest in music, consider getting a toy instrument such as drums, guitar, recorder or piano with sheet music. These toys teach cognitive, motor, creative and sensory skills. Check local toy stores, Toys R’ Us or Wal-Mart Autism Store
3. Picture books – Picture books such as “I Spy” are great ways to engage your child’s imagination. “I Spy” has a collection of picture riddle books based on different themes. Check your local bookstore, online at amazon.com, or library. Don’t let your child suffer anymore! Lead your child out of his world through Autism Store program now!
Autism Store is a proven Autism Solution for your Child.
Try The Program and change child’s life forever!