Is Rett Syndrome A Sex-Linked Disorder?
– How is the disorder diagnosed?
– Is it sex-linked? Is it a mutation? Is it due to heredity?
– What types of treatment there are for the disorder?
– Any other important information?
It affects girls and boys but for boys it is deadly usually before birth or up to a year old. They typically aren’t diagnosed because of their early demise. Its diagnosed by a bloodtest for 75% of cases and the other 25% are diagnosed by meeting the criteria. Treatments are for each individual symptom or problem. For example seizures are treated similar to any other person with seizures. It is 5% hereditary but mostly sporatic.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers